Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday, Friday...

By Frank Anthony Polito

So once again, another month has gone by -- and I haven't done any blogging! But I have a good excuse: I finally finished writing my new novel The Spirit of Detroit.


I've sent the manuscript off to my agent. He's going to read it, then will start sending out to publishers. I honestly don't know if he'll find any takers -- gay-themed fiction hasn't ever been a big sell, and there are fewer and fewer publishers publishing anything these days -- unless it's written by a celebrity, so... We'll see. 

Worst case scenario -- which was my original intention -- I will self-pub. Stay tuned...

Speaking of self-publishing... Last week marked the one-year anniversary since I published my first Young Adult novel Lost in the '90s. If you haven't picked up a copy yet (shame on you!) you can order via Amazon.com HERE.


Last week was also the 19th anniversary of the death of Nirvana front man, Kurt Cobain. If you've read LIT90s you'll know that the story takes place on the eve of Cobain's suicide in April 1994.


I've been hoping that someone would take an interest in my book, blog about it, and a "real" publisher would offer to publish the novel. So far, that hasn't happened :-(

One of the blogs I've been targeting is BuzzFeed. Not sure how I first came to know of them, but they are all about the '90s. I've contacted several bloggers over there, and none of them have bothered to even give me the courtesy of a reply, so...


I decided to sign up for my own BuzzFeed profile, and I've created my own self-promotional posting, "Party Like It's 1994" where you can check out the year that gave us Cobain, Clinton, and Kerrigan.

And please do check it out, if you have a moment! Not sure how the whole BuzzFeed thing works, but I'd love for them to "endorse" the post -- or whatever it is they do -- so that people (who don't personally know me) will actually see it.

Happy Friday!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will NOT appear immediately and are subject to moderator's approval. Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...