Tuesday, November 20, 2012

"I Double Dog Dare You!"

By Frank Anthony Polito

... to go and see A Christmas Story: The Musical. (Why does every new musical have to be called [blank] The Musical?) I know I won’t be – not with tickets listed at something like $162.50. Even the “discount” price is a whopping $49. To quote one of my favorite quotes that I’ve been quoting for so long I can’t remember what it’s from: “Too rich for my blood.” [throws poker cards down on table] (Anyone?)  More and more each day, Broadway -- much like New York City itself -- becomes a “playground for the rich.” :-(


See below for some nice reviews from the new-to-Broadway production, produced by the original Ralphie himself, Peter Billingsley. Hopefully he’ll make up for some of the royalties he doesn’t receive from the annual marathon showings on TBS – so I’ve heard. I could have sworn that a stage version already existed, and was produced at my local community theatre back in Detroit, The Stagecrafters of Royal Oak – though maybe that was a “straight” play, sans music, as opposed to a “gay” play like my very own Band Fags! -- now on sale from Amazon.com, by the way – makes a great Christmas gift for the Band Fag in your life :-)


A Christmas Story: The Musical Reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will NOT appear immediately and are subject to moderator's approval. Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...